Monday, October 6, 2008

Today kicked ass, even if it was a Monday...

Monday is usually my least favorite day of the week. I never want to go back to work. Even though I rather like my job and I wouldn't want to be bored all the time like I was when I wasn't working, it's still so difficult to drag myself out of bed at the beginning of the week and get going. On top of that, we're closed all weekend so Mondays are usually busy as hell.

Today was a bit different though. We were still busy as all hell, but just before lunch Brian (the general manager of the company) called me and asked me to come to his office, saying he and Kim (the head of my department) needed to speak with me. I of course immediately start going through my head to see what I could have done wrong that they would fire me for, because I am that paranoid. I know I'm doing well and yet I still automatically jump to the worst conclusion.

Anyway, it's all good news. They wanted to offer me the permanent position as I'm still a temp. Brian had said a month or so ago that they would hire me once my temp time was up, but they officially did today. So as of next Monday I'm a permanent employee. I've also gotten another dollar an hour raise, because I've been kicking everyone's asses in the statistics. Which is awesome, as I just got a dollar an hour raise a month ago, and wasn't supposed to be eligible for any more raises until January. Plus, in January all of my benefits kick in and I am still eligible for another raise. Not to mention, Brian said he can all but guarantee me that I'll be able to change to the accounting department if that's what I want to do, as soon as I finish my degree in May.

Then I get home, and the DVDs I ordered from Barnes and Noble that weren't supposed to ship until October 23rd were waiting for me on the kitchen table.

Yep, today was a great day. ^_^

3 comments:

Christian said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PERMANANT JOB AND RAISE!!!!!! Thats awesome hun :D.

And yay dvds arriving like, a month early ^_^

Jadey said...

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS*
Its seriously awesome that you got the permanent job, thats super good news. And a raise, yay.

Whats better is you can change to the Accounting department YAY :)

And I LOVE it when things come early, yay DVDs :)
<3

Niall said...

Holy shit! I knew you'd do fantastically in your job :)

Well done! At the rate you're getting raises, you'll be able to pay off your car by Christmas hehehe :P

<3