Saturday, November 14, 2009

Goals update 13

Taking a break from my Nano to get a goals update in. There probably won't be any more actual Nano updates as no one seemed very interested in the others - in that case I'll spend my time actually writing if I continue, instead of letting people know my progress and looking for encouragement.

1. Play through some of my video games - 5+ hours a week. Been hitting this, though probably not much more than 5 hours. I haven't been playing anything in particular, just whatever I'm in the mood for at the time. But at least I'm getting some time into my games.

2. Write every day. No problems here. I've written daily even though sometimes it's only a hundred or so words.

3. Exercise 5 hours per week. I've been okay with this, but I'm definitely slipping since I'm getting so busy. I've started a schedule and it should be finished tonight, so after that it's a matter of sticking with it!

4.
Save money, and learn to manage my money wisely. Doing well here. For the most part I seem to have hit a balance between bills, buying fun stuff for myself, and saving. I'm still trying to watch and budget carefully for the next few months to try and work in Christmas, a trip out to Philly for Wicked, and DO next year.

5.
Photography. Again, still need editing software. I'm going to try and factor that into my budget for the next couple of months, since I just got a bonus at work. I'm going to see if I can get any pictures of the Leonid Meteor shower. Aside from that I don't have a lot to take pictures of. It's a bad time of year for anything outside. The leaves have all fallen but it's not actually winter yet so everything is kind of brown and boring.

6. Make more time for myself - one hour per day. Still doing well with this one, and making time even outside of writing to relax, read, or game. Quite happy with the progress I've made on this goal. I think it's helped my stress level considerably.

7. And lastly, Nano. Not sure what's going on here. I'm way behind, and as I already posted, I'm not sure if I can catch up, or even want to try. I've still been writing and yesterday was a really good day, but we'll see how it goes from here.

I think that's the shortest that my goals list has ever been, which is fantastic. I'm already thinking of what I want to put on here for next year, which is kind of sad. But hey, I guess if spending the time to spell out goals helps me actually do things, it's worth it, right?

2 comments:

Niall said...

You should look at going for some free photo editing tools to start with. And with the gaming target, take your PSP to work and play on lunch or something ¬_¬

Nice to see you're still setting goals and achieving them :) <3

Christian said...

Agreed with Niall. Try paint.net for a free program. That's what I use to edit stuff.

And totally take your PSP to work >.>

<33