Little bit later than I wanted to be on this update, but work has been a madhouse with Cori leaving. We have a new person starting tomorrow, thankfully. I'm not really looking forward to it, but at least we'll have someone to help us out.
1. Go back for my bachelor's degree. The FAFSA is nearly finished, and I have 2 applications done. I'm going to look over them one last time in the next day or two and then get them in. I'm working on a third application, and that's probably going to be it. I'll do a little more research but it doesn't look like there is anywhere else I'm interested in that I can afford. Once I get those in and my transcripts over, I'll have to play the waiting game for a while. I'm going to get all of that done before I leave for DO.
2. Design and get my second tattoo. I've made some progress on this, though not much. I mostly have vague ideas right now, but it's better than nothing.
3. Photography, part 1. Project 365 is going okay. I can't wait until the weather is better so I can go out and get more interesting pictures, especially on the weekends. I think I'm going to start carrying my camera with me. I obviously can't take my Rebel everywhere, but I can take the Powershot at least. The pictures might not be as high of quality, but at least I'll have pictures.
4. Photography, part 2. I've found a few pictures from Ireland that I'm going to put into the book, and I've started a folder for more. I'm taking my time on this one so I'll probably just some up with a picture or two each update for now. Later in the year once I have more time and cash I'll spend more time on the format for the book.
5. Photography, part 3. I've been keeping my Project 365 pictures organized, but haven't gotten back to the rest of my backlog yet. I've also found a couple of different hard drive options, and I'm hoping to pick one of them up soon, if not both.
6. WriYe. After today I am officially caught up! I'm very excited by this (current count = 71,787 words). Now to work on getting ahead a little bit so I don't suffer too much when I skip writing for a few days for DO. I have overtime for the next two weeks though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to write extra, but I'll try.
7. Submit writing. Nothing here for this update, as I've been busy with so many other things. Probably won't get to it before the next update either, but we'll see.
8. Write in journal at least once a week. I got my two times in since the last update. I've moved my journal so it's sitting on my nightstand now, just next to my bed. Hopefully seeing it all the time will make me remember to write more.
9. New hobbies. Doing yoga 2-3 times a week now, and alternating it with my other workouts. Going to start thinking of the next thing I'd like to try.
10. Miniatures. I ordered some paints (which should be here this week), and need to get another order in soon as I forgot a bunch. I'm not sure when I'll get started on them though. I'm hoping to at least start next weekend, otherwise it'll have to wait until after DO.
11. Save money. I have about 2.5 months salary in savings now, which I'm quite happy with. Still working on the new computer and then I'll worry about getting more money in savings. I probably won't be able to save much for a while, between DO and the Florida trip I'm planning, but I'll do what I can.
12. I want to go see at least 12 different concerts/shows this year. Red Herring, next week! Should start looking for some more things to go to in the next few months as the weather will finally start getting nicer!
13. Donate to charity. This month I went with charity: water, which I've been meaning to donate to for quite some time. This was going to be January's donation actually, so figured I would finally get it done now. Chris, go ahead and send me the info for yours as well I'll probably get to it later this year. :)
14. Read 30,000+ pages. So far I've read 5,448 pages, and I'm nearly through with a few other books, including one that's a genre I don't usually read. I've slowed down a little bit on this one it seems, but I'm still past where I need to be.
15. Write 52 new blogs. This is four...and I need to get started on this one. My list of blogs to write is taped to the wall above my desk and keeps growing, so I need to start actually writing them. I am going to try and get one or two done in the next couple of weeks. I'll be working overtime and then going away for DO though, so if I don't get to them it's fine, and I'll crack down on them once I get home.
16. Music goal. I'm making a mini-goal for this one over the next two weeks - I want to actually listen to three of the albums I've already downloaded. I've been listening to different songs here and there but haven't really sat and listened to the albums straight through. Time to turn BSG and my podcasts off at work for a while and get through some of my "new music" playlist.
17. Watch 100 different movies. Slowed down on this considerably - I only watched two, which brings me up to 31. I've spent more time on games and shows, and recently the Olympics, so that leaves no time for movies. I'm still way ahead to complete this by the end of the year though,
18. Learn more in general. Haven't finished any of my nonfiction books yet, but I'm nearly done with a photography book, and also about halfway through Snoop, which I'm really enjoying so far. I'm hoping to be done with both of these before the next update.
Still happy with my progress so far. I know I probably won't get much done over the next few weeks, so we'll see when I update next!