Friday, July 11, 2008

Goals Update 13

1. Get a job. Done. I've also gone and bought everything I'll need like shirts and shoes, and I'm ready to start for Monday.

2. Nano novel. Have worked a little bit on this but not a whole lot. The last two weeks have been insane. I still plan to make time for this outside of my job and shouldn't have a problem with it. I really want to get some parts edited so that I can start letting more people read it.

3. Play flute. Did fine with this one again. I think I'm going to cut it back to 30 minutes a week though. If I can I'll do more but I don't know that I'll ever have time on days I work, and don't want to feel obligated to do it both days I'm off.

4. Write every day. Haven't done every day, but I've been pretty close. Not bad considering how much I've been running around. I'd like to continue with this goal so I'll need to find a time every day that's good for it. Maybe right after I get home from work? Or even before work on days I'm not in until 10. I'll figure it out over the next couple of weeks.

5. Let other people read my writing. Shelly will have a laptop and internet within the next few weeks. Also told Danielle that she could read some of my Nano as soon as I have a sizable chunk edited.

6. Take some trips. If all goes well, I'll be going to Philly next weekend. Still have to work out some of the details of that. Part of that is waiting for Christian to get home and message me so we can figure out specifics. Then I just have to make sure I have the work and money situation handled. New York is also good to go provided I can get at least that Friday off work. I should get to visit Shelly sometime in August or September as well, I've already discussed a few possible weekends with her.

7. Learn Japanese. Still working through this. I'm going to be getting a couple of books and an audiotape from the library as well. Plus, once I get paid I might buy one of the books from B&N as they're only around $20.

8. Physical therapy. Working on it. I keep misplacing my stress ball, but I'm doing therapy at least 1-2 times a day regardless.

9. Time management. This is still going quite well. Unless I have a really hard time over the next two weeks because of suddenly throwing in a full-time job, I'm taking it off the list as of now.

10.
Start buying less stuff, and finish what I have lying around the house. I haven't bought anything in the last two weeks aside from gas and stuff I need for work. I'm sure that once I get paid I'll buy a few things because I can, but I'm not going to go crazy with it.

11. Learn Photoshop. Haven't touched this yet again. I'm going to have to slow down on this goal anyway as I'm not going to have the time for it. I'll still try and work on it a bit every week.

12. Organize my stuff and get rid of unnecessary clutter. Failed miserably on this one this time. Too damned busy to get through everything I wanted to. I'm still working my way through the clothes and shoes, and I should be finished by next time. I don't have a lot left really, I'm just not going to have much time in the evenings after work.

13. Get through borrowed stuff. I'm through book seven of Indigo. I read through those so quickly. Also got through other library books and put some time into a couple of games. For the next week I'm going to get through whatever I can of Christian's, so that I can take it with me and return it. And by the next update I'd like to be through the last Indigo book as well as all of the books I have out from the library. As long as I don't go and check out any more. >_>



Not bad. Took another two goals off my list. Almost into single digits, at which point knowing me I'll come up with more to add. ^_^

Also, I'll still be doing these updates every two weeks like I have been, but they're more than likely going to be on either Saturday or Sunday now, since I'll be off work. Don't know that I'm going to want to type this much after a full week of work, though we'll see.

2 comments:

Christian said...

WHEEEEEEEEEEE 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!! *squees* ^_^

Glad you're making some headway on the list. Keep goin :D

<3

Niall said...

Try and get under 10 goals, even if it's only for a day hehehe.

You've done great over the last few months :) You've been so determined to do certain things, and now you've gotten through a lot <3

You go girl! ;) >.>