Monday, March 16, 2009

Day from hell

I hate Mondays.

Today when I got to work, I had a voicemail from my supervisor. She'd hurt her ankle and was taking the day off so she could go to the hospital and see if it was broken. Normally she would receive all of our shipments into our system/inventory, but since she was out Jen and I had to go back to doing them for the day.

This shouldn't have been a big deal. Mondays are hell for drop ships, but at the same time I don't have to place regular orders for my stores, so it kind of balances out. I got everything received, and got my morning drop ships caught up. I was foolish enough to think that maybe I would have the time to catch up on a few other things I needed to do.

Then I looked in Jen's task box. She'd been thrown onto another project at the end of last week, so she had to get tracking info for all of the drop ships she had from last Wednesday on. This on top of the well over 100 drop ships she was supposed to do for today. And where my drop ships can be attached to emails and sent en masse to each vendor, most of hers need to be entered on websites. One by one...on shitty websites that usually take ages to load anything and process orders.

Needless to say, we both spent the entire day frantically trying to get all of her stuff done. Somehow, and I honestly don't know how, we managed to get all of the drop ships for every store done, as well as all of the tracking info from last week as well. So in the end it worked out, but it was very stressful and by the end of the day I was exhausted.

Then I get home and have a letter about my student loan. I just worked out a new payment plan with them...paying a bit more a month and trying to get it paid off sooner. They told me they were sending me some paperwork I had to sign and return to make the changes. That arrived today...however, it says I'm agreeing to payments of $200 a month, which is over twice what I'd agreed to commit to. Hell, that's nearly what I pay for my car. I'm nearly positive it's just a typo on their part, but now I have to call them tomorrow on my lunch break and try to deal with it. It's just one more thing I really didn't need today.

Finally, my grandmother is having her second surgery in the morning. Again, I'm sure it will go fine, but I can't help but get worried and worked up over it. I'm sure I'll be checking my cell phone every five minutes tomorrow to see if my mom has called or messaged me. Mom's going to spend the night again tomorrow too, I think, and hopefully this time my gran won't decide it's a good idea to wander around the neighborhood drugged up the day after surgery.

I'll be glad in a few days when it's done with and she's mostly back to normal. Except for the neverending supply of eye drops that I have to do for her four times a day, lol.

At any rate I need to clean up a bit so my mother has somewhere to sleep tomorrow, and then it's bedtime for me. I'll post a surgery update and probably a regular update sometime later in the week. I actually do have a few things I want to talk about, aside from ranting about my shitty day....

1 comment:

Christian said...

Wow, I don't know how you guys did all that. Must just be the awesome ;)

And hopefully they'll fix your payments because you shouldn't be penalized for paying extra lol.

<33