Wow it's been nearly three weeks since my last goals update already? Well then...
1. Read 75 of my own books that I've never read before. 69 to go. I'm missing a few on my list, but I can't include those unless I remember what in the hell they were. I know I'm waaaaaay behind on this one, but still don't think it's going to be that difficult to finish. I've finished with my library books and some of the ones I've borrowed so I'm concentrating on mine for a bit. Plus, once school is finished I can go back to reading a book every day or two...or two in one day. >_>
2. Watch all of the movies I own and have never watched. I haven't watched any of these since the last update because BSG ate my soul. I'd like to get a few in soon though so I can get this goal finished for the year.
3. Complete 12 video games. Finished Prince of Persia, so that's one down. I'm working on Bioshock here and there now, and Phoenix Wright on my DS. Will hopefully get both of those done in the next few weeks.
4. Travel. I'm cashing in my flier miles for my Ireland trip so I can pay off my ticket. The rest of that trip is starting to come together as well. I would like to find some time over the next week or two to finish some of the little details, like booking the couple of hotels we'll be staying in. Also, I figured I'd take at least another trip or two out to Philly, one once I finish school and maybe another sometime around my birthday. If anyone has any other suggestions for places I could go that don't require time off work, let me know!
5. Continue to learn Japanese. I've transferred my CDs over to my ipod, and have been listening through them at work. And muttering to myself in Japanese I think. I'm honestly surprised I haven't been questioned about it yet.
6. Learn to cook 12 new types of meals, and 6 desserts. I said I'd have 2 done for this update, but I haven't gotten there quite yet. I did pick two dishes to try, and I have most of the ingredients. However, I need a few different spices before I can do either, and I didn't have the money before to get them. I'll probably pick them up sometime this week since I just got paid.
7. Finish one of my Nano novels. This is still going agonizingly slow, but I guess even a few sentences here and there is getting me that much closer to the end of the story.
8. Write every day. I'd say I was up to about 5 days a week here. I'm getting there at least, and it's definitely starting to become more of a habit.
9. Let other people read my writing. I swapped a couple pages with one of my Nano friends. I don't think I've ever given anyone more than a chapter or so, but I'm working my way up on this goal too. A year and a half ago I probably wouldn't have given someone a paragraph, and now I've at least given a handful of people something to read.
10. Finish my associate's degree. Ugh, school. Still behind. It's a tiny bit better but I'm still really stressed. I need to spend more time on my schoolwork this week and try to get as close to caught up as I can. I don't have all that long left to go, at least.
11. Clean out my stuff, and get organized. I'm working on the closets now. I'd say I was a little over halfway done with all the clothes in there, and I have a big pile of clothes to go donate. I still have to go through all of the shoes as well as my dressers.
12. New wardrobe. I bought a few shirts yesterday when I went shopping with my mom, as they were fantastic deals (I spent around $10 total). I'm doing well with cleaning out the clothes I have and figuring out what I really need, so I should be picking up some more shortly. I need to go shoe shopping as well.
13. Exercise 3 hours per week. This one's going fine again. I picked up right where I'd left off with Zumba. I'll probably take this goal off the list in another update or two.
14. Save money, and learn to manage my money wisely. I can enroll for my 401k on April 1st. I have all of the information now, and I have to get the enrollment forms in by the 27th of this month. Of course, I have no idea what half of this shit means, so if anyone out there can explain it all to me, please message me. Aside from that, I'm pretty broke due to bills but haven't had to touch my savings yet, so that's excellent.
15. Eat healthy. I went to the store myself and loaded up on yogurt and healthier snacks. I talked to my grandmother again as well and she (for the most part) has been asking me before just buying junk food. So this one's going fairly well for now.
16. Photography. Didn't get the chance to go and get pictures this weekend, sadly. I'm hoping the weather cooperates next weekend so I can take a few hours and go to Linn Run on Saturday. I'm going to try and find a camera bag as well so that I can start getting some other accessories.
Clearly I didn't have enough time (read: I was too busy reading three books) to do a regular blog entry this weekend. I'll try and write something that's not a rant or a goals update soon. ^_^