Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Goals update 2

And another goals update...I've been pretty sick for about 3 weeks, and am only now finally getting back to my normal routine. So I haven't made much if any progress on some of these.

1. Read 75 of my own books that I've never read before. Finally made some progress on this one, though I'm not sure off the top of my head how many I've finished at this point. I'll have to get my list for the year updated so that I know how far I have to go on this one. I know I'm way behind, but I figured I wouldn't be able to read much before I finished school in May. I'm sure once that is over I'll catch up quickly.

2. Watch all of the movies I own and have never watched. I'm through with all of the Bond movies, and I've watched a few others. I don't know for sure how many more I have to get through, but hopefully will be able to complete this goal within the next month or two. Of course, if I keep watching nothing but BSG that may be a problem.

3. Complete 12 video games. I haven't finished any yet, still. But I'm nearly through Prince of Persia, and Phoenix Wright, Bioshock, and FEAR 2 shouldn't be far behind.

4. Travel. No DO for me this year, sadly. The new responsibilities at work mean I'm "training" all week, and can't take time off. However, Ireland is coming together, and I'm starting to get excited even though it's still months away. I have my ticket, and my passport now, and I'm figuring out what specifically I want to see while I'm there. Still trying to come up with ideas for another weekend trip or two as well for later in the year.

5. Continue to learn Japanese. My books and language software has been here for a while. I've started working my way through them. It's slow right now since I'm busy, but I'll get there eventually.

6. Learn to cook 12 new types of meals, and 6 desserts. I haven't done anything with this, aside from finding more recipes. I will get through 2 meals at least by the next time I update.

7. Finish one of my Nano novels. This one is going VERY slowly, but at least I'm making a bit of progress. I wish I had more time to work on it...I never feel like it considering how much time I spend on the computer for work and school.

8. Write every day. I'm not up to every day yet, but I'm doing better than I was. Finding a specific time daily to do this seems to be helping.

9. Let other people read my writing. Ha. Oh no actually, my neighbor read part of my novel, as she was here one day when I was working on it.

10. Finish my associate's degree. I've been struggling a lot with my classes. I'm behind on taxes and just barely keeping up in the other. I'm hoping to catch up a bit now that I'm mostly over the flu. Hopefully I'll manage that in the next week or two, and then I won't be so damn stressed.

11. Continuing education. This one is off the list for now. I'm working on it, but it will probably wait until next spring. At this point I'm not eligible for student loans until I pay off the one I have, and I don't think I can afford school without a loan. I won't need much of one, but even with tuition reimbursement from work I'll probably need a few thousand to get me through. Now, I'll have my current loan paid off in the next 6-8 months so starting again in the spring is a real possibility. I'll probably bring this goal back towards the end of the year when I can actually do something with it.

12. Clean out my stuff, and get organized. I haven't done anything with my closet really. I have, however, reorganized all of my movies and video games, and a good portion of my books. I'm making plenty of progress, just not in the order I'd originally intended to.

13. New wardrobe. I bought a new leather jacket on sale, and it's awesome. I need an actual winter coat too but I'm not sure if there's any reason to buy one at this point. Of course I might be able to get one for a really good price since we're getting into spring soon. Other than that I'm still waiting to clean out my closet a bit before buying anything else.

14. Exercise 3 hours per week. I'm just getting back into this one. I'd taken nearly two weeks off because of my cough, but the past few days I started up again. I'm sure I'll fall back into the routine easily, especially since I enjoy it so much.

15.
Save money, and learn to manage my money wisely. At the moment, I'm trying to get all of my debts paid off. I just paid one off last week, so now I'm down to one loan, aside from my car of course. Probably going to toss the majority of my tax refund into that and then work out how much I can pay monthly to get it paid off as soon as possible.

16.
Eat healthy. Doing pretty well with this one. I've been eating a lot more fruits and vegetables lately. I think I need to start doing more of the grocery shopping though. At this point my gran goes and I just give her money, but she tends to buy chips and junk food even when I say I don't want them. And of course once they're in the house I'll end up eating them...lol. I'm going to start making a list of things I want and stressing the no junk thing, but if I can't get through to her I'll have to find an hour or so a week to do the grocery shopping myself.

17.
Photography. Got my camera, as I posted earlier. I've taken it out twice now, once to the winery and Amish country, and then once to Keystone. Looking into filters and lenses that I'd like to get as well. I'd love to take a class, will have to see if anything is available, maybe in the summer or fall this year.

I've done better than I expected actually...I didn't think I got anything done while I was sick but I've made at least a little bit of progress on most of the goals. Hopefully will be able to cross a couple off the list soon.

4 comments:

Niall said...

I say this all the time, but you're doing well achieving your goals (apart from when your gran does the shopping :P)

I run out of things to add to my comments on your goal entries >_>

<3

Jadey said...

Go you for getting through Bond. :)
:\ Sucks that you couldn't go to DO, but yay for coming here.
Seriously give me some kinda indication on where you wana go, and I can help figure stuff out.

Hopefully you can continue your education, but its so expensive over there, its insane :S

ohhhhhhh new jacket I want to see ^__^ Please.

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean about the eat healthy thing >_< Then again I probably didn't help sending you like a care package. >_<
That package still hasn't come btw, then again like you said you used different shipping this time.

I am STILL reading the manual onmy camera -_- if you figure things out before me, please help :P

<3

Denise said...

You know Jade...indications for where I want to go, the jacket, and the camera...all of these would require you actually getting online and talking to me. :P

<3

Christian said...

Sucks that you missed DO, but Ireland sounds like its gonna be amazing :D Plus you said you were gonna make us sick of seeing you, so I have THAT to look forward to >.> :P

And you did finish a game! Persia is done! YAY! :D Next: Bioshock!

Great job! Keep it up :D

<33