This year is going entirely too quickly. I feel as though I just updated these, but it's been over two weeks. I've also been meaning to start updating this blog a few times a week with entries that are not goal related, but so far I've been failing miserably. I need to make more time to keep up with that instead of aimlessly wandering on the Internet.
1. Read 75 of my own books that I've never read before. 54 to go. I'm still re-reading some of my favorites, but I'm making decent progress with this one.
2. Watch all of the movies I own and have never watched. Watched two more...for next update I'm definitely going to make a list of what needs done, so I have an exact number of movies left to complete this goal. I'm nearly finished.
3. Complete 12 video games. I've been playing Rock Band again. I really need to stop that, and get into games I can finish. I'll take my DS with me this weekend and hopefully get close to finished with Phoenix Wright.
4. Travel. Philly is the day after tomorrow! I'm really excited; it'll be fun as always to see everyone, plus we're going to the circus which should be a blast.
5. Continue to learn Japanese. I've picked this up again over the last week. I'm seriously contemplating getting the Rosetta Stone software in a couple of months. At this point it's pretty definite actually, I just have to figure out whether I want the full set or to buy the individuals (which would be easier to save for but a lot more expensive in the long run)
6. Learn to cook 12 new types of meals, and 6 desserts. I'm taking this off the list until after my trip this summer. I may get through a couple of dishes before then, but I don't have the budget to do much so I won't have many updates to make.
7. Finish one of my Nano novels. I'm stuck on the third, so for now I've gone back to my first. No point in forcing myself to keep working on something when another story is actually coming easily for once.
8. Write every day. I've been doing pretty well with this goal still. I miss days here and there but I write a bit most days.
9. Let other people read my writing. Still no progress here.
10. Clean out my stuff, and get organized. I really need to get my ass in gear if I want to be done by the end of May like I said last update. I did get a new bookcase, and that helped a lot with the clutter. I'm working on my closet and everything else a bit every day, but I'm still going to shoot for being done at the end of the month. If I devote an entire day to it next weekend I should be able to finish.
11. New wardrobe. I picked up new sandals, but that's about it. Now that the weather is warmer I need to really get some summer clothes. I get paid next week and I don't have any bills due, so maybe I'll set aside some money and get started.
12. Exercise 5 hours per week. I've gotten up to about 4 hours a week, which is an improvement. I should be back to 5 for the next update, though being away this weekend will throw that off a bit.
13. Save money, and learn to manage my money wisely. I'm still working on my budget, and I have the majority of it done. I'm really happy with it actually; I've managed so far to set aside money for everything really important, plus birthdays and such, and even some money for "fun stuff" while still having plenty for vacation. I should have a fairly good chunk left in my savings as well. Now the real test is how well I stick to the budget once it's finished...
14. Eat healthy. I decided against doing Weight Watchers through work. I'm not really comfortable with the big group thing, and I'm also not sure I could commit to a full 17 weeks. If I did decide to drop out I would have to pay my company back the full amount of the program. I'm considering signing up for just the online version of the program. It doesn't cost much to try for the first few months, and I could get the info I wanted that way.
15. Photography. I got some pictures at my brother's graduation, and afterwards some pictures of the city. I also have my small camera bag now, and I've budgeted money for another larger bag and some more accessories. I'm also looking for a good book that will help me learn to make the most of my camera's features, so if anyone knows of anything let me know!