Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So tired

It's my own fault, really. I shouldn't pick up a book and start reading at 2am. It's inevitable that I will keep telling myself, "one more chapter," until suddenly it's nearly 6am and I've finished the entire book. Oh well!

Not much has been going on lately. I've had a couple of really productive days with school. I need to keep this up until the end of the month, hopefully, so I can get through my first big group of exams. I'm worried about my tax law class; I'm nowhere near where the professor says we "should" be right now. Our first exam isn't up for another two weeks yet, so hopefully I will be good to go by then. The material is difficult for me, but I can't afford to mess anything up this semester if I want to graduate.

My other classes seem fine so far. Quickbooks is easy now that I figured out how to make the online program work, plus it will be over in another three weeks. Writing is a pain in my ass, but not difficult. It's just annoyingly time-consuming. I have one of those professors who seems to think his is the only class I have to worry about. Accounting isn't bad. Still have the wrong book, but I've got a study guide for this half of the course so I can actually do practice problems for the chapters. My advanced accounting issues class...well, we'll see. I have the first of my reports due on Friday. I don't think the class will be that difficult as long as I continue to put the time in and complete all of the work.

In more personal news, I found out a good friend of mine has been lying to me for quite some time about a number of things. Mainly being in some fairly serious financial trouble. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I'm not mad that he's having the trouble. I wish he'd confided in me, but it's not my choice to make. Lying to me though? Bleh. I'd care a lot less if he just hadn't brought it up, or maybe downplayed the seriousness. But like I said, it's the lies, right to my face. Talking about trips and stuff like everything is not only fine, but going really well. And I've also been dragged into the middle, getting calls from creditors looking for him, and he didn't even have the decency to tell me the truth about why. Not to mention he still hasn't come clean to me, and probably has no intention of ever doing so.

Haven't done anything about it. Don't know that I will; it's not really worth it. I just have to realize that this person really isn't the wonderful friend he claims to be. Otherwise he wouldn't show me such a utter lack of respect by lying to me and pretending to be someone he isn't.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but I needed to get it off my chest. Liars are among my biggest pet peeves, and this sort of thing has happened with the two of us before. I'm just unsure what to do, and wondering where I draw the line. I don't want to lose a friend, but at the same time, do I really want a friend like that?

No comments: